The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (the Alliance) and the Energy Private Developers Rwanda (EPD) welcome you to the 2018 Clean Cooking Investment Forum on 5-6 November 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda. The Forum is a first-of-its-kind, private sector-oriented conference to convene business leaders, investors, donors and government representatives to collaborate on developing an industry at scale to deliver modern, clean cooking solutions around the world, with a special focus on East Africa. The Clean Cooking Investment Forum is part of the Rwanda Sustainable Energy Week 2018.
The event is supported by the Ministry of Infrastructure Rwanda (MININFRA), the European Union, the Rwanda Development Board (RDB), GIZ Energising Development programme (EnDev), SNV, Shell Foundation, BFZ, and the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP).
Click on the ‘Register now’ button in the top right corner of the website. The participation cost is USD 50 or RWF equivalent, to be paid upon arrival at the Kigali Convention Center on the first day of the forum.
This year’s Global Tracking Framework update in Lisbon revealed that the progress toward universal access to clean cooking solutions is barely keeping pace with population growth. At the same time, there are new innovative businesses emerging that are delivering clean cooking solutions in a commercial and financially viable manner, but that require further investment to scale up.
This event aims to amplify efforts to identify, support and finance businesses with the potential to massively expand this still nascent sector. The event will inform and influence public and private sector actors seeking to accelerate access to quality cooking solutions through viable business models at scale.
By attending the 2018 Clean Cooking Investment Forum:
- Investors will gain a comprehensive view of the landscape of investment opportunities emerging in the clean cooking sector in East Africa and around the world.
- Businesses will learn about domestic and international funding opportunities including programmes, facilities, and funds that provide grants, debt, and equity capital.
- Participants will engage with the public and private sector to discuss policy initiatives to facilitate sector growth in East Africa and elsewhere.
- Participants will meet key stakeholders through a structured B2B Matchmaking and networking session.
- Participants will get a special rate (10% discount) tickets to participate in the Unlocking Solar Capital Africa conference on 7-8 November.
Back to back with: